Thursday, April 26, 2007

Day 5: Felucca Day I


So now begins my 2 day trip on a felucca up the the Nile to Kom Ombu. A felucca is a sailing boat and we'd eat and sleep on it. Washrooms you ask?...Ans: whenever we dock, the nearest lonely tree = guy's toilet; and the bushiest bush = ladies' room...

As we were w/ a young captin and his brother, he let us do crazy stuff like climb the mast... ARRRR MATIE! :) Some of the ppl were even crazy enough to swim in the Nile... I was almost about to, if it wasn't for our doctor onboard telling our boat about how the Nile has parasites that can crawl up and lay eggs in my balls!... so I decided to stay the hell away and was content to reamin on the boat and chillax...

The ride was very comfortable and I really enjoyed it (especially when the flies were not about). At nite it got a bit vicious thought since the mosquitos came out to play. I sustained a few bites (even w/ my DEET bug spray)...It wasn't too too bad, cuz the nite before, I think I had 16 bites at the top floor of the Aswan hotel where a couple of us were chilling w/ the tour leader)... 16 bites ALL on my feet, guess I should have wore socks!

Also borrowed a book to read (those self-help books)... very interesting read and a few thoughts came from this...

No comments: