Monday, April 30, 2007

Day 9 Part II: Afternoon at Luxor

For lunch I had good ol' KFC... 3 piece chicken meal w/ 355 ml Pepsi for 22 EGP!!! Keep in mind that
1) falafels were 1 EGP for two
2) Pigeon dinner was 15 EGP
3) Tour leader has said that many engineers in Egypt make about 200 EGP per month...

This means that the KFC meal is 10% of an engineer's monthly salary! So I guess in Egypt, a fancy dinner date would be a trip to McDonalds, or KFC! So ladies, please don't complain if a guy takes you to KFC or McDonalds for your date... its expensive stuff!

After this expensive lunch, we went around a few stores to hunt for my alabaster camel... it turned out to be extremely hard to find. I was finally able to find one store that had it, and after some tough bargaining (I am starting to get good at this --> since I bargain just for the sake of bargaining, and have the 'I don't care look', which makes these sellers just plummet their price), I was gonna buy 4 of them but the guy only had one in stock. What a waste!

After the unsuccessful purchase, I went back to the hotel to take a nap. Collapsed for 2 hours and realized I might have gastro (ie. small sickness where it makes me go to the W.C. alot!)... oh no!

Note: W.C. = washroom

No comments: