Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Aside: Thoughts in Alexandria

Thinking back on this trip after beating the locals at soccer. I just realized how nice this trip is. Perhaps it's cuz I had played soccer with my trusty sidekick for years, and that he is someone I have great respect for, but it's really nice to instinctively or intuitively know where he would put items that I forgot to ask where it would be. Take today for example, I went with the tour group to visit the sites while he went on his own. When coming back, I was wondering, hrm, where would he put the key and I had no doubt that it'd be at the front desk. Even though it seems like the obvious place to leave it, this is surprising because ever since I entered university, I've only experienced doubt after doubt after doubt in anything and everything I do. Wondering if I made the right choice, wondering if I said/acted/did the right things, etc, etc, etc; but just like today in soccer, the tour guideless experience, the location of the key, and for the most part of the trip, I had no doubt that things would work out; and it did. Perhaps it's time I begin trusting people more; since it seems like my lack of trust and faith in people has carried on long enough!

This trip has also made me realize how much I have changed. So impatient and condescending I've become! Whatever happened to the kind and patient boy who cared about people's feelings rather than the end result of a goal??? Something that needs to be corrected for sure!... and soon!

No comments: