Monday, May 7, 2007

Aside: Thoughts Under the Starry Sky

The last time I had seen anything even remotely close to this sight at the White Desert was back in OAC on the cruise (back then my eyes were alot better)... I remember falling asleep on the balcony back then, feeling the cool breeze and hearing the water splashing about. On this night at the White Desert, I remembered the thoughts I had back then and the chain of events that followed. Funny how I can always relate past events with current ones. Eerily my current path seem to be resembling my past yet again, but perhaps this is all in my imagination. But if I am right, then I am bound to fall again very soon...

'In the world where the only constant thing is change itself' (as a wise 'monkey' had told me a couple months back :) ), I must change or fall again. This trip to Egypt has shown me that though I may feel uneasy doing not well-defined things, I must tread confidently and be steadfast if I am to survive; let alone succeed. All I can hope for is for this uneasy feeling of the unfamiliar to eventually fade away into the background. Or rather, maybe I should enjoy feeling uneasy and continue facing new circumstances...

Anyhoo, from looking at these stars with my glasses on, perhaps I should start looking at the world fully, instead of only looking at half of what I can see. Some time ago, I remembered I stopped wanting to see everything I could, content to focus on only the things I needed to. But after looking at the sky tonight, maybe it's time I truly look once again, so that I can see the beauty of this world. Without my glasses, the sky looked beautiful. But with my glasses on, I was captivated and entranced by just how many stars there are that I hadn't seem to notice in the past. Perhaps inspiration and motivation will thrive when I open my eyes to see the world again...

...Open my eyes, look with my heart, and enjoy the process of change...
...Dream leaves those who wait, reality comes to those who chase...

No comments: