Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Day 10: First Day at Alexandria

Upon waking up, after after a late night to the W.C., I feel like sh*t! Damn that kedfa! So when we arrived at the hotel, all I did was pass out and sleep for the next 4 hours. Ended up the with only having an apple pancake and 3 tablets of immodium and this 'kill-all bacteria' antibiotic for intestines. Yum!

On the way to the hotel, I almost died 4 times! If you thought Cairo driving is crazy, wait till you visit Alexandria! Our cab driver smoked like a chimney, had those dying coughs the entire time, and missed checking his blind spot too many times to count. So glad I made it to the hotel in one piece...

At night I was feeling slightly better, so went to the local Alexandria market. Unlike the other bazaars, this one had 'no hassle' and was more normal in terms of a shopping experience. Ended up buying some Egyptian wine... I wonder how it'd taste like.

No comments: