Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Day 17: Back to Cairo (Again)

The bus back was extremely hot! Was sweating the whole way... swear I almost melted. I think this is a sign that I have stayed in Egypt long enough! (that or their summer season finally started and the heat is too much for my canadian blood to bear)

Running low on EGP (I was down to 10 EGP... and still had lunch and dinner to take care of)... so we decided to take the metro (subway) back to the hostel.

Price of metro: 1 EGP haha!

Once we returned to the hostel, we rested a bit (the elevator broke down, so with my full luggage, I went up 7 flights of stairs... yes, after that blistering hot bus ride). An hour or so later, we went for lu-ner (lunch and dinner). Since we are back in Cairo, this meant cheap filling food: Koshiri and Schwarma + pepsi = 8.75 EGP total.. wuhahaha!

So I survived this day w/ 10 EGP :). At the hostel, met 2 people from South Africa who are living in the UK, I LOVE British accents!... Loved talking with them and hearing them talk... hahaha

No comments: